Soft washing or soft wash is the most popular way of cleaning exterior surfaces. It is mild, non-aggressive to surfaces and surrounding areas yet very effective.
Why Choose Soft Washing
Soft washing is a great cleaning technique that doesn’t damage surfaces. Unlike power washing or pressure washing, soft washing uses a very weak stream of water mixed with chemicals. Chemicals penetrate the dirt and infections, such as mold, moss and fungi and water washes them away, whilst preventing the future growth for longer.
- British Health and Safety Executive approved chemicals
- Safe for all surfaces
- Safe for your plants and garden
- Kills algae, moss, lichens, molds and bacteria
- Keeps your surfaces cleaner for longer due to full removal of growth
- Walls can be cleaned from the ground up to 70’.
- Softwashing with biocide stays cleaner for longer
- SAFE Contractor certified.
- Fully insured service.
Soft Washing FAQ
How much does it cost to soft wash a house?
On average a 3 bedroom house costs £350, however prices are dependent on number of walls, height of your building and ease of access.
As for example, soft-washing the front of the red-brick house (pictured) will cost £80 and soft washing the front facing wall and visible part of the roof will cost £180.
(Prices are correct as of March 2021)
What chemicals are in soft wash?
Soft washing uses a mixture of chemicals, depending on the surface material and type of contamination. The key ones are:
– professional grade diluted sodium hypochlorite (bleach) – kills organic mold, algae and other organic growth.
– surface acting agents – help other chemicals “stick” to the surface better, help to loosen and penetrate dirt.
– odor maskers – help to disguise bleach smells or get rid of any natural smells of the surface (smoke, urine, garbage).
– neutralising agents – neutralise chemicals after softwashing, important if you have pets running around or want to give you plants an extra layer of protection.
– specialty agents – fight less common contaminations or used to treat some surfaces. Some examples are: wood brightening, moss killing, rust removal and so on.
How long does soft washing last?
Depending on the surface, results can last for a number of years but each property reacts differently in its environment and every site is different.
You can gauge how long it will last by how long it took the building to develop growths either from new or since it was last cleaned professionally.
Is soft wash better than pressure washing?
Soft washing cleaning results generally last up to 6x longer than pressure washing alone. Soft washing uses chemicals instead of pressure power to remove dirt. It doesn’t damage the surfaces and also can be used on brick, render and other surfaces that can be ruined by pressure washing.
One off jobs or flexible contract terms to suit all businesses for all our cleaning services.
For peace of mind we are Safe Contractor Approved, fully insured and carry out all work to highest standards
For cleaner windows, shops, factories and buildings in the Cardiff area - contact us with your requirements.